Monday, September 29, 2008

"Istanbul not Constantinople"

Sorry, that corny song has been going through my head all day! I have to admit, the only reason I know that song is because it's in the movie "Mona Lisa Smile". It's also referenced on a Gilmore Girls episode. Lauren? Heather? Who can tell me which one?? Anyway, we leave for Turkey in about an hour or so. So, I won't be blogging for about a week. Try to hold back the tears. Besides, it's Autumn, stop checking my blog and go for a walk! And have a good week...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

First of all, you are missing out if you only know this song through cultural references. They Might Be Giants?? Birdhouse in Your Soul?? come on Jenna! Anyway, its the Gilmore Girls episode when they're having dinner with the pretentious people who play trivia at the dinner table, and its what Lorelai says as an answer. "Well, I do know that Istanbul is Constantinople and that if you have a date in Constantinople, she'll be waiting in Istanbul".

Becomingagardener said...

wowee, it sure is pretty! It reminds of the turkish part of Sarajevo! And you of course look beautiful with your scarf on your head :-) have fun!

Heather said...

I don't remember which exact episode it is, but does Lorelai reference it when talking to Max Medina?
Ok, off to take a walk now!