Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm back, baby!




Hi everyone! How are you? I know, I know, I have been a baaaaad blogger. But here's the thing. I figure that you all knew I was having a wonderful time at home in the States and I didn't feel the need to tell you about all the ice cream and sushi I was eating. I had a fabulous summer. Spent lots of time with family and friends and saw 8 movies! I just can't get enough of the coke slushies.
So, back in Cairo. It's really hot. I've been staying in because after two long flights and a week in Paris walking everywhere, I was very swollen in my ankles, feet and hands. I decided I needed a couple days to shrink back to normal and hydrate. Not to mention, scrub the flat. The dust and sand infiltrated while we were gone. I'm trying to attack it slowly but surely. So now I'm just waiting for all of our friends to get back. We are really the only ones who are back. Unless people have kids (they started school this week) it's really best to stay away from the heat as long as possible. But since I'm going to have this baby in 8 weeks (!), I needed to get back earlier than we would have liked. I did have lunch with Gordana and Veli yesterday, and then baby sat Veli, which involved watching Mary Poppins and eating organic lollipops I brought back for the boys!
Alright, that's all for now. Look forward to more regular updates, at least until Baby Dworkin shows up!

*first picture is the "Bickhart Beach Babes" girls weekend for my grandmother's 80th birthday
*second picture is of my baby shower thrown by my best friends
*third picture is of my brother Connor and me on the haunted mansion ride in Rehoboth Beach.

No comments: