Monday, May 31, 2010

Home


Heather, Lauren, and Andi after watching the first Sex and the City movie...


I'm having a late night screening of the first "Sex and the City" movie. It came out 2 years ago, a few weeks after I got married, a few months before I left for Cairo. No matter how many times I watch it (read: a lot) all those emotions come to the surface for some reason. I know that most people feel that movies mirror their lives in some way, or that we can all say we're a "Carrie" or a "Charlotte," but man! This one rang true. I can still remember sitting in the theater watching it with my girlfriends, thinking about the broken heart they helped me mend, and how I would likely be breaking theirs when I left them at the end of the summer. Sigh. Of course, there are all the funny moments and the fashion moments to ease the pain a bit. But in some ways, those parts make it that much harder. Because those are the moments that you live your friendships. The day to day. The "guess what song is on the radio right now?" phone calls. While I have as much contact with my friends as I could ever hope to have considering that they are an ocean and a continent away, it's the day to day that I truly miss. And knowing that the sequel to this silly movie that somehow defined that time in my life came out this weekend, well, I think that just brings it all back up again.
But don't worry ladies, I'll be home in 19 days.
Love you.
p.s. My 100th post! Kind of lame that it took me almost 2 years to get to this point, but hey, it's still worth celebrating...

1 comment:

Heather Trible said...

Time spent with you is always fun, but vodka-spiked slushies make everything better!
I thought of you the whole time I watched the sequel today.
Love you!
Heather