Wednesday, July 23, 2008

12 days...

That's all that's left. I can't believe it. The shipment is packed, the apartment is not. But all of that pales in comparison to the news. The news! We're going to have a baby!!! We actually found out when we were in Kauai but I wanted to tell all of my people before I put it on the internet. I am exactly 7 weeks along. The baby is a blueberry! We are thrilled, a little surprised, but totally thrilled. So, I'll be giving birth in Egypt. Just another crazy thing to add to the list. I have been told that I have to post belly pictures on here, which I will but under no circumstances will this turn into an obnoxious "baby blog". If I give birth and lose my mind and turn into a mom that feels the need to talk about every diaper change I promise to do it on another blog...

We went to NYC this weekend to hang out with Ira's peeps. It was fun, we stayed in Brooklyn but spent some time in Manhattan seeing a show ("Passing Strange", best show ever!) and having some good meals. And Magnolia cupcakes, of course.

So, Lauren and I are having what will probably be the last sleepover tonight. I'm trying not to cry, trying to keep it together for her and to be honest, for the baby. I don't think it's good for blueberry for mom to be sad all the time. We're going to watch Gilmore Girls and just hang out like the old days. I'm going to visit Kelly in D.C. tomorrow, not to say good bye, just to shop. Kelly will be up here for her birthday next week so I get to put that off until then. Ira is in Minnesota visiting his sister. It's kind of weird that this week will probably be the last time that I'll be by myself for a long time. So the dishes are in the sink and the jammies are on all day! haha Sorry, Ira.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I just had a thought. You should name the baby Teal! That would be awesome. :)