Thursday, December 4, 2008

T-Minus one week...whatever T-Minus means

A week from today I'll be in the air heading west...I think, maybe we go north first I'm not sure. Anyway, I'll be crossing the Atlantic in a mere TWELVE hours. Twelve hours! What the HECK am I going to do for 12 hours? Now, I know there people who would kill to have 12 hours to themselves to read or listen to music. But I have to say, it makes me twitch a little. From the time I was kid, I would pack all of these things to do a read and I would never touch any of it. It always happens. I'm only a 1/4 of the way through Orhan Pamuk's Snow, I could finish that. I do have a few Fresh Air episodes downloaded as well as over a week's worth of Rachel Maddow's two shows. But I have to say most of the time when I'm on a plane, I end up staring at the back of the seat in front of me. I don't know why! I can't sleep, I can't read, when I'm not staring at the seat back, I'm annoying Ira and he's not going to be there. Sigh. And it doesn't help that I am SO EXCITED to get there. That's going to make the time go even slower. I know there are going to be some folks on the ground that are anxiously waiting my safe arrival as well. And then I have to get through customs (see previous posts) Stay tuned for a list of the things I am most looking forward to when I get home...

No comments: