Friday, June 13, 2008

a wilderness adventure...

Tonight I leave for a weekend camping trip with my friends Heather and Michelle. I'm trying to spend as much time in the woods as possible, knowing that I won't get to see the canopy of trees for a while once we move to Cairo. I know they have trees. But they don't have TREES. I love looking at the light through the trees in the forest. Say what you will about America but our National Parks are amazing. There is nothing like spending the weekend in the woods with friends eating grilled food and smores and drinking beer. The hiking and swimming are great too : ) I love coming home and having all of my clothes smell like campfire. Sigh. This is a prime example of my "take it all in" mentality that I have for the summer. You know when a friend asks you to do something and you have to say no because you're afraid you're going to be tired for work the next day? Or because you have laundry to do? Well, I'm throwing caution and everything else to the wind and saying yes to just about anything this summer. And I couldn't be happier about it. I'll be sure to report back about the fun in the woods on Sunday.

No comments: