Friday, June 20, 2008

winding down at work...

Today was the last day of the regular school year for the kids. I didn't mention before, but I work at a school for autistic children. It's called the Vista School and it's in Hershey, Pa. (Yes, we smell chocolate all day!) I work in a classroom with 9-10 year old non-verbal children. It's very difficult, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I get bit, scratched, hit, kicked, you name it. But it is an amazing field to be a part of, I hope to continue this work in Egypt as well. Anyway, our kids actually go to school year-round but they do get a few 2 week breaks throughout the summer. So I have a limited schedule for the next week and then....we leave for Hawaii on our HONEYMOON! YAY! So, the point of this entry is that it's kind of weird to me that soon I'm not going to be working. I know at first it's going to be nice, especially having the kind of job that I have. But I don't know how I'm going to feel in the long run. I guess the shock of Cairo will be enough to get adjusted to and I won't miss working, but I think I will eventually. I know this is not something to be complaining about and most people would give anything to quit their job and move to Egypt, and in many ways I am one of them! But, I have to make sure that I find something fulfilling and something that I deem to be worthwhile. That could be volunteering, or working, or being a mom, I don't know yet. Stay tuned! haha But for now, I'm going to enjoy this time and be grateful. Have a good weekend!

No comments: