Saturday, August 16, 2008

Maadi Bus Tour















Hello! Today we took a bus tour of Maadi (our neighborhood) that AUC provided. We met some other new staff-Brandon from Portland, OR is starting in the Chemistry dept., and Steve and his wife Stephanie from D.C., he's starting in the Finance dept. There were others, but those were the lucky few who happened to be sitting near us and had to listen to my witty quips about the heat. The tour confirmed that I have no idea where I'm going, and probably won't for a long time. Sigh. But, we did go to an AWESOME book store that also has a little cafe. It's open early and late (I can avoid the heat!), they have all the new titles, cute journals and cards, and some knitting books that I've never seen before! Yes, I think this may be my new hang out. So, enjoy the pictures. From left to right, top to bottom they are, the Maadi Grand mall, the bookstore, 2 pictures of the Seoudi Market (which is where we buy our groceries), and the Median Victoria (where the tour began).

2 comments:

Heather said...

You didn't mention the knitting books when we talked last night! Did you happen to see a yarn store on the tour?

Becomingagardener said...

Wow, I didn't know how much i was going to enjoy this whole blogging thing! what fun! I should've blogged my little chico dog's 'biggest loser' exercise transformation. Maybe if i can figure out how to do this I still will (although thankfully he's gotten skinnier already :-)